One of the most important factors in enjoying your time here on Hot or Not, is having your account set up just how you like it. So you might want to tweak it a bit, and that's what we'll explain in this section.
- How can I change my name? Please go to your settings and click on the pencil icon next to 'Your basic info'. Enter a new name and click 'Save' to confirm the change.
- What are email notifications? Email notifications are messages we send to your registered email address to tell you about new visitors, messages, matches and people who want to meet you.
- How can I delete my profile? If you really want to delete your hotornot profile, just log into your account and go to your 'Settings'. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says 'Delete Account' and follow the instructions given. If you’re having trouble logging in to your account, you can restore your password on this page.
- How can I change my email address? Please go to your settings and click on the pencil icon next to the section 'Your account'. Enter your new email address, click 'Save' and you will be asked to enter your current password to confirm this.
- How can I change my password? Please go to your settings and click on the pencil icon next to the section 'Your account'. Enter the new password, click on 'Save' and you will have to type in your current password and click 'Save' to confirm this.
- What is the Invisible mode? Invisible mode is a premium feature that lets you browse hotornot without anyone knowing who you are. You can enable this feature by going to your settings, scrolling down to the 'Invisible mode' section and by activating Super Powers. As soon as it is enabled a green ninja will appear on your thumbnail photo.
- How do I sign in to Hot or Not?
- How do I sign in using Facebook?
- How do I sign in using Google, Facebook or MSN? On the Sign in page, click the Google, Facebook or MSN link on the right side and enter your login details. This section can also include other online services specific to your country.
- I've forgotten my password. What do I do?
- What are my profile settings? Profile settings let you adjust your language, privacy and photo and video settings. You can choose who can view your profile, let others see your online status or share your profile and much more.
- What are notification settings?
- Can I stop receiving notifications? Of course. In your notification settings, you can turn off any notifications you don't want to receive (not including some standard company emails). You can turn them back on at any time.
- I didn't get a confirmation email after I registered. What do I do? Check Hot or Not's email confirmation page to check you entered the right email address or correct it if it’s wrong. If that doesn't work, check your email account’s spam folder in case our confirmation email ended up there by mistake. If you find the email in your spam folder, remember to mark it as ‘Not spam’.
You can also sign in to Hot or Not using Facebook Connect, Google, Yahoo or MSN.
- What are Payment settings? In Payment settings you can manage your payment method and Auto Top-up, view your credit balance, add credits and cancel Super Powers. If you use a credit card or PayPal as your payment method, you can also choose to unlink it from your account.
- How can I save my email and password so I don’t have to enter them each time? Make sure the Remember me box is checked when you sign in to Hot or Not. If your browser displays a message offering to remember your password, choose this option.
- I deleted my profile but I want it back! How can I reactivate it? We’re happy to have you back! To reactivate your profile, find the confirmation email that we sent you when you deleted your profile and click the link it contains. This link is valid for 30 days from the day you delete your profile. If it's been more than 30 days since you received the confirmation email, simply create a new profile on our Sign up page.
- How can I change my browser’s location settings? Changing your browser’s location settings will allow us to see your approximate location, so that we can help you find people in your area. Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone exactly where you are, only how close, and we won’t share this information with anyone else.
How you change your settings depends on your browser:
1. Open the Tools menu
2. Click Internet options
3. Click Privacy
4. Uncheck ‘Never allow websites to track your physical location’.
1. Go to Settings
2. Click Show advanced settings
3. Under Privacy, click Content settings
4. In Location choose ‘Ask me when a site tries to track my physical location’
1. In the address bar, type about:config
2. On the next page, type geo.enabled in the search box
3. Double click on the ‘geo.enabled’ preference
4. It should now say ‘enabled’
1. Go to the Safari menu
2. Click Preferences
3. Click Privacy
4. Choose ‘Prompt for each website one time only’