People Nearby and Search
The People Nearby section of Hot or Not shows you users in your area and other cities, while search lets you find people according to your own interests.
- How can I change my search criteria? Simply click on the filter icon in the top right corner in People Nearby and select the desired criteria. This search allows you to find people based on their gender, age, location, what they are looking for and much more. These settings can be changed as often as you like.
- What do extended search options include? Extended search options in People Nearby let you refine your search filter by using specific criteria such as relationship status, sexuality, body type, education and much more.
- How can I search for someone by their name?
Unfortunately it is not possible to find someone by their name. However you can look for someone by their email address or import contacts from your email inbox to see who is also a member of Hot or Not and if they are not a member yet, you are able to send them an invitation.Simply click on this link to do this.
- What do the coloured dots next to a users name mean?
The green dot next to a users name means that the user is now online. If the dot is orange it means that the user was recently online. Should all users have a grey dot that means that you have either hidden your status or the users were online more than 30 minutes ago.
You can't change your profile status from green to orange yourself as this happens automatically, but you are able to turn off your online status in 'Privacy'. You can do this via your settings in the section 'Privacy' by turning off the setting 'Show online status'.
- How I can add someone to my Favourites?
To add a user to your favourites, just visit their profile, click on the '...' icon in the top right corner and select 'Add to favourites'.
If you have already started a conversation with the user you can go to your 'Messages' section and click on the star icon next to the users's name.
- How can I unfavorite someone?
To unfavorite someone simply visit their profile, click on the '...' icon in the top right corner and select 'Remove from favourites'.
If you've already had a conversation with the user in the past, you can go to your 'Messages' section, click on the yellow star icon next to the users's name and It will turn grey - this means the user is no longer one of your favourites.