First impressions count, and most people’s first impressions of you on Hot or Not will come from your profile. Make them count!
- What’s a profile? Your Hot or Not profile is where you get to show off to other Hot or Not users. It’s the home of your photos and bio and also where you get to say what you like and who you’re looking for. Other users will realise what a social animal you are when they see your shared Facebook friends.
- How can I edit my page? Simply go to your profile and click on the pencil icon next to whichever section of your profile you wish to change. Once you've made your changes click 'Save'.
- How can I change my name? Please go to your settings and click on the pencil icon next to 'Your basic info'. Enter a new name and click 'Save' to confirm the change.
- How can I change 'I’m here to'? To change your 'I’m here to' message, simply open your profile, scroll down to that section and click on the pencil icon to edit it. Select if you want to 'Make new friends', 'Chat' or 'Date'. Please click 'Save' after making your selection.
- How can I change my location? In your profile, just click on the pencil icon next to your current location and either enter a new one or select one from the dropdown menu. Please note that if you log in via your mobile phone it will change your location again as it is determined by the GPS of your phone.
Contact our Customer Care Team if you have issues with your location when using the mobile app.
- How can I edit my work or education information on my profile? If you want to change your work or education information on your profile you have to change it on Facebook first. After you amended it on Facebook simply go back to your Hot or Not profile and update your work and education section.
- What are interests and how can I add them to my profile? Your interests are all the little things you like – favorite bands, movies, holiday destinations, sports and many other things. You can also check out other people’s interests on their profiles, and see if they’re into the same things as you. To add interests, just visit your profile and either select interests from the available categories or add your own (these will need to be approved before they appear on your profile, so please don’t write anything offensive).
- What does online status mean and where can I turn it off/on?
Simply hover over the dot which you can find in front of the user's name on their profile and it will indicate when the user has been online last.
You can turn your online status on or off by going to your profile settings and select Yes or No in the section 'Show my online status'.
- Who can see my profile? It’s entirely up to you. You can choose to show your profile to absolutely everyone, or just Hot or Not users. Change it any time you like in your profile settings.
- How can I see who visited my profile?
- How can I delete my profile visitors? Unfortunately you cannot delete your profile visitors at the moment. You can however remove the new notification by looking through the list of people who visited your profile.
- What is the ‘Favourited you’ folder and how can I access it? ‘Favourited you’ is one of our Super Powers, premium features that help you meet people faster and get more attention. Super Powers also include Undoing your last vote, Invisible Mode and other great features. You can access your ‘Favourited you’ folder by activating Super Powers.
- What does my profile score mean?
When users vote on your photos from the Encounters game, we will calculate your votes to provide you with a 'Profile score'.
If you want increase this score, you can use our photo coaching feature to replace your photos which aren't performing so well.
- How can I hide my profile?
If you don't want to use your account for a while, you have the option to hide it. When your account is hidden, you will not appear in People Nearby or the Encounters game. Users you chatted with in the past can still message you but you will not able to read the message unless you unhide your profile.
To hide your account simply go to your settings , select 'Delete account' at the bottom of the page and select the option 'Hide your account'. As soon as you confirm this you will be logged out automatically. To read your messages, get seen in People nearby and Encounters again, simply log back in and unhide your profile.
- How do I get Verified status? Getting Verified status helps to prove to other users that you’re a real person, making it easier to make friends. To get Verified, all you need to do is go to the Verifications area on your profile page, verify your profile with a photo of you and choose at least one of the other options available. These include adding your mobile number, linking to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ account, or activating Hot or Not Super Powers.
- How does photo verification work?
To verify your profile with your photo please follow these instructions:- Go to your profile.
- Click on the photo icon in the 'Verification' section.
- In the pop up window please click on 'Take a photo' and grant access to your camera.
- Take a photo with the same gesture shown in the example.
- Click on 'Send' if you are happy with the picture you took or click on 'Retake' if you want to try again.
Make sure that your face is clearly visible when taking the photo and don't worry, this photo won't be shown on your profile and it won't be visible to any of your profile visitors.
If you have issues using the Safari browser please use another browser like Firefox or Google Chrome.
- What does the blue or white tick next to a username mean? The blue tick on a white background indicates that the person has verified their profile with at least two verification methods.If a user has a white tick on a blue background next to their name, this user has verified their profile with a photo and at least one other method.
- How can I block a user?
To block a user, please visit their profile, select the icon in the top right corner of their profile and select 'Block or report'. Please note that blocking a user will stop their messages from reaching you, but the user will still be able to view your profile.